Monday, June 09, 2008

I'm bringin' it BACK...all sexy like.

I'm back bitches. 
Since it's almost been a year, I guess this damn thing may need some renovation. Slowly but surely.
Most of my blogging occurred while attending university. Now that I've been out of university for a year now. I thought I'd bring it back with my whole new life - the post-uni life.
Sad enough, currently I live at home with the parental units. Could my life feel any more depressing? 

A recap.
Decided that I was not ready to leave London as it had become my bubble from the 4 years a la Western.  Was supposed to attend Fanshawe for a post grad program in Broadcast Television.  Withdrew from the program mid-summer when I decided I was not ready for more school. Justified it with my yearning to travel and see the world (which was supposed to happen on my year off).  Decided to work for Western's central admin.  Got a contract position for 5 months hoping to get an extended contract.   Didn't happen.  
Staying in London for a 5th year only brought detriment to every aspect to my life.   Apartment issues.  Hated my job.   Gained 8 pounds because of my job (office desk job with cookies and cake every morning...).  Experienced true heartbreak.  Was wrecklessly partying for the first time in my life (smart move for someone who doesn't have the luxury of living the student lifestyle anymore)...The contract not getting extended resulted in the last thing I ever thought I'd have to do in my entire life : move "home".
The quotation marks are there because New Liskeard is not a place I call HOME.  I never grew up here. Never had to live here for more than a few months in the summer when school was out. Still don't know anyone here because I could frankly care less.  SO,  I pretty much live in solitary.   I HATE IT HERE.

Anyway, I digress.
Long story short, my life has changed drastically. And to ways that I never thought it would.  My friends, my relationship status, my home, my future plans, my entire life...has been flipped upside down.
Everything that was so concrete in my life has been shattered...so I am slowly trying to rebuild.

I think Korea might be a good start...anyone agree?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Sylvia, I think you should go to Korea.

Btw you don't know me right now but you will someday ;)

9:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home