Tuesday, June 12, 2007

con'grad'ulations


Don't you love how everyone thinks they are being cute when they write congratulations like "congradulations"?
I graduated officially yesterday. It was a weird thing...for one thing, I felt like I was in a Harry Potter movie. And surprisingly the ceremony wasn't as long and tiring of a process that I thought it would be.

You know what really gets me, renting the damn gowns and hood. Really Western, we haven't given you enough money that you have to make us PAY for our grad robes??....that's really thoughtful of you. Oh and don't forget your alumni pin cuz we'll be contacting you very shortly for donations. I heard someone actually said, "Congratulations, come back soon. We need the money". No thanks. I already have 20,000 in loans I have to pay. So can I be contacting you shortly for donations???

Anyways, my mom and grandma came down for it, even though my brother and dad were supposed to too. Nonetheless, I am really happy that I am getting along very well with my family. Maybe it's the whole growing up thing. Maybe somehow they were right, when you're older, you really do appreciate your family so much more.

So, here we are. We made it to graduation. Now what?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're done! Congrats :) There is still fun and life after Western, I promise.

6:48 p.m.  
Blogger Lesley said...

You know, it's actually only going to get worse. Because not only do they call you for money, they also write to you to get involved in some useless directory by mailing them information when you have nothing better to do. And I loved it that you have to pay something like $5 (at least it was ten years ago for me) to rent the cap which you don't actually wear during the ceremony, it was only for photos.

Congrats! Welcome to the real world of no jobs, no life when you do find a job, and lots and lots of student loan interest!

5:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home