Wednesday, May 30, 2007

there's nothing worse than ruined plans

well, i'm sure there are things worse than ruined plans but right now, i am not impressed.

anyone who knows me knows that when i am at home for an extended period of time, i count down the days for my return back to a life from the moment i get here.

this time, my countdown has now been thwarted. what should have been "2 more sleeps" is still "3 more sleeps" for yet another day.

i had all these plans for this weekend to meet up with old friends from barrie on friday/saturday, getting my hair done by an old high school friend, meeting up with a friend in toronto on sunday, and then heading back to london sunday evening after a day of vigorous sushi-eating and shopping with said toronto friend.

however, working for your family has its many (i repeat, many) downfalls. one of them being, they can pull the "only 2 days notice, but they really need you" card without having the opportunity to say 'no'...if it had been any other employer and they gave me 2 days notice and i had other plans, well, they're outta luck. however, because it's my family, i must come to the rescue and help. there is no other option.

thus, my plans for even more vigorous shopping on the friday has been cancelled (or i guess rather, post-poned) for an evening of pompous middle-aged people shouting orders at me even when they clearly know i am already in the middle of something. le sigh.

only upside...more cash for the copius amount of retail therapy planned to make up for lost time.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha aww that sucks syl. But family is #1! Good thing I am a part of your MIT extended fam. <3

2:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home