Thursday, December 29, 2005

Weee New Years

So this is the new year
And I have no resolutions
For self assigned penance
For problems with easy solutions
Yes, it's that time again. A New Year is almost here. Everybody is going to make those resolutions that they just won't keep. And the gyms will rack in a pretty penny while most will start memberships at their local gym as a new year resolution to be healthy and stay fit. I'll be honest, I've been just as guilty as the last with not keeping resolutions. So this year, I'm not making any. I shouldn't need a new year for me to want an excuse to change some part of myself or my life. If I want to lose weight or be more organized then isn't any day of the year a good time to start?

8 Comments:

Blogger invitationinside said...

amen to that sista.

6:13 p.m.  
Blogger Vanessa said...

that is EXACTLY what I tell people...only with a little bit more swearing. I believe I said "If you want to change something, just get off your ass and f-ing change it!" Your way is a little less harsh. That, and I try not to swear around the Koreans...don't want to be a bad influence :P
Happy New Year!!

11:23 p.m.  
Blogger sam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:57 p.m.  
Blogger sam said...

i hear ya, and totally agree. but i'm a hypocrite cause i make some this year. maybe only to have yet another way to underachieve?

happy new year syl!

3:57 p.m.  
Blogger mr. tomas ubik said...

nope only on january 1st, otherwise you have to wallow in a state of self loathe until the next new year.

5:44 p.m.  
Blogger jewelsss said...

Syl....guess what? I blogged again!

10:31 p.m.  
Blogger Christopher Crighton said...

Syl,

You needn;t make losing weight a resolution...I'm only kidding. Would you rather I start making skinny jokes to counter-balance the psychological damage done?

Chris

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger alex said...

so this is the new year.
and i don't feel any different?

there's nothing like a little death cab while contemplating resolutions and fresh starts.. and deciding that we don't need any.

i just make up ambiguous totally-keepable ones anyways. try something like "i am going to converse with at least one person each day" or.. "i'm going to contribute to london's economy by being an avid bar patron." that way you'll always feel great about your dedication.

love!

7:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home