Friday, August 18, 2006

If the world hands you lemons, make lemonade.















As September is fast approaching and the last year of my undergraduate career is about to begin, I can't help but seem nervous and scared about what the next year will hold. I'm 20 years old, and I will be 21 when I am done and graduated from university. That seems like such a young age. Way too young to be deciding what to do next. I think that students my age are under so much pressure to decide what they are going to do with their lives wayyyy too young. When I was freaking out about the possibilities of what to do when I'm done school next year, a friend said to me..."You are a baby still...stop freaking out, you have tons of time to decide what you want to do". Then I realized that in hindsight, I do. But when it comes to parents, for example, they want to know what your next step is going to be and they want to know now.

Now I've decided...I'm not going to freak out anymore. I still have one more year that I need to get through and I want to enjoy every minute of it. Who knows where I'll be this time next year (maybe Korea, maybe preparing for college, who knows). But for right now. I don't really care.

4 Comments:

Blogger gillian said...

syl... dont stress, it just isn't worth it...

live it up in your last year - honestly 4th year was one of my best... its your last everything at western (unless you do more schooling there, haha), so enjoy it to the fullest!

hope your summers going well!
cheers

11:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont make lemonade, take a tequila shot.

But on the serious side, party this year away, cause you never know when you will be with all of the same people again.

Go to college after, it seems that this is the best thing I ever did after finishing at western

6:52 p.m.  
Blogger Lesley said...

Found your blog through NewNewfie...had to comment on this post...

You're still young and shouldn't be stressing too much about what will happen after graduation next year HOWEVER, think about a few things. There's always college or travelling or working for a year or going to grad school. I took a couple of years off thinking I would go back to law school but ended up at Fanshawe for PR and Corporate Communications. It's an awesome program and if you have an eye for Toronto, you can do big things in the field.

Whatever you do though, enjoy that last year at Western. Because if you don't, you'll end up like the rest of us dried up old 31 year olds who wish they could go back to those great years of school!

8:32 p.m.  
Blogger Nick said...

Don't freak out. Get freaky.

8:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home