Monday, March 27, 2006

A Liberating Feeling


So I've been meaning to post this for a few days, but my laziness has prevented me from doing so.

Saturday night, we went to Ceeps for an fun night out to celebrate Greg's last night in London. We were all having a lovely time before a run-in happened with what looked like 15 year old girls.

I was walking through the wooden patio section of Ceeps with a full drink in tow and Mel following behind. As I was walking past these girls (that looked way too young to be there), the one girl's arm started flailing around, which apparently was her attempt at dancing. Her arm started flailing though just in time to whack my own drink down my own shirt. You know, things like this happen at bars all the time. It's not a big deal, the only thing I expect in such situation is an apology.

With a "what do you want" look on her face, I patiently wait for an apology. Her 12 year old friend then pipes up and says "Ohhh, hunnie. You'll be fine".

Excuse me? Did you just patronize me after my OWN drink was knocked down MY shirt??
I don't think so. So I say, "Well, hunnie. If I poured what's left of my drink down your shirt, are you going to tell me that you're fine?"

Then of course, a chotch of a guy that was standing behind them (a boyfriend, or possibly a babysitter) started to mock me mocking her.

That must have been the last straw for me, because well...Now I can proudly say that I have thrown a drink in some asshole's face. That's right. I did it. I went there. And it was the most liberating feeling ever.

So next time some idiots are trying to get all snarky on you at the bar? Oopsy, just dump on drink on them.
I know it was worth the $5 dollars that it cost me.

5 Comments:

Blogger jewelsss said...

That's ballsy dude. So what happened next? I'm intrigued.

6:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Macro... thats brilliant... hahah you have guts my friend... well done

9:17 a.m.  
Blogger alex said...

ahhh hahaha!

just as i finished thinking "sylvia's blog posts have been very angry lately.." you go and get revenge.

good girl!

and ps, the closer you get to fourth year (and graduation) the more and more the younger ones look like 12 year olds, trust me.!

9:08 p.m.  
Blogger gillian said...

hahaha i love it,

break out the diva within... honestly london bars are becoming rediculous for letting the youngin's in... and they are always rediculous... especially the girls...
maybe i'm just an old 4th year... haha

cheers,

11:11 a.m.  
Blogger mr. tomas ubik said...

yeah i want the chapter 2 post drink in guys face story too

8:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home