Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Attn: Student Ghetto

JUST SAY NO.


For those of you who take a regular snack break over to Macs convenience store on the corner of Broughdale and Richmond St. should be warned.
The gentleman tending the store has a tendency to overcharge or short change customers. From personal experience, I may say that this has occurred many of times. When it happens once or twice, fine; I’ll let it slide. I mean 50 cents here or there, isn’t that much. But it does add up.
Let me tell you about this evening’s incident at this dear convenience store in the student ghetto.
As a break from our movie-thon, Mel and I felt that we needed a snack before watching Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer fight it out like bitches. So we headed down to the store for some chips and ice cream. The selection of Haagen Daz seemed extremely plentiful this evening, so I decided that I must indulge. I grab a tub of Caramel Cone Explosion and check to see the price (which is displayed on the freezer door). $6.29 it says. I grab that delicious tub of caramel goodness with a banana popsicle and some wafer cookies for later (yes, I’m a fatty – stop passing judgment), and head for the counter. Now, having been fooled by this man before, I decided to keep an eye on that price display as the items were scanned. The tub of deliciousness was scanned as $6.49. Alright, 20 cent different – who cares right? Well, I probably wouldn’t have either, if this guy wasn’t such a prick.


I ask, “Sorry, how much was that?”
He says, “$6.49”
I say, “Oh, over there it says that it’s $6.29”
He says, “Where?” (with a very snarky attitude tone of voice)
“On the freezer door there” I say.
“Well,” he says, “I changed the price right now…today”
“Excuse me?...What?!” I say.
Without even asking if I still wanted it or not, he proceeds to grab the tub of ice cream and take it off the counter while saying, “You don’t want it, FINE!”
“Whoa, Umm Okay. I don’t want it then.” I say. (WHAT THE SHIT?!)
Then I say, admittingly with a lot of attitude, “If you’re going to ‘raise the price today’, you might want to change that price over there”


Seriously though, who gave you the right to be such a fucking prick to your customers? We are giving you business. Heeeelllloooo!!! You aren’t the only convenience store on the block!!! Newsflash, just because we’re students, does not make it alright for you to take your menstrual mood swings out on us or try to swindle extra couple of cents off of every purchase thinking that we don’t know how to add. Unfortunately for you, we have all passed 1st grade.

Future notice for anyone looking for a delicious treat during a break from studying, or looking to fulfill any sweet tooth cravings, head over to Miles Mart for better customer service and the same magnificent snacks ready to be consumed. It’s only a couple steps away and totally worth the trip if it means not having to put up with a bitter middle-aged man with pickles stuck up his rear.

6 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

YA people can be asshole to students - meanwhile if it weren't for our business, theres would shrivel up to shit. One slow night at Ceeps, the bouncers and Bartenders were treading all the girls like shit. Saying some really digusting things, and just plain being rude! Considering we were the only people in that shit whole, you think they would have been grateful. You should write in a letter to the Gazette, start a student movement - we're not taking crap anymore! haha

11:38 a.m.  
Blogger gillian said...

wow - i had never noticed the price alterations there before...

but i do go to miles now because its closer for me...

next time i'm at bekers/macs i'm going to pay closer attention to the price and charge...

cheers!

2:28 p.m.  
Blogger alex said...

i was in that macs one time and these drunk guys were destroying EVERYTHING, and the guy working was at such a loss for what to do..

like literally, there was an entire shelf knocked over and food was all over the floor, they were being soo destructive and disrespectful.

working in a convenience store would suck. at least have the peace of mind that your life is better than his ! haha.

1:05 p.m.  
Blogger mr. tomas ubik said...

i stole so much shit from that macs, so its kind of my fault.


like one time i walked out with 13 packs of gum.

and man was it obvious...the key is to buy something little, cause i mean what thief actually buys something.

am i incriminating myself if i write this?

non of this was true.

phew that oughtta confuse the man.

8:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

instead of boycottin the store, every couple weeks or so u should jus tax something. he still believes hes rippin u off, your balancin out the difference with a chocolate bar or something. everyones happy.

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger jewelsss said...

Not gonna lie Syl. I sympathize with convenience store workers...however, I don't recall ever charging someone more than the actual cost...except to really really annoying people. Hahaha, just kidding.

8:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home